I'm starting to seriously plan our homeschooling curriculum now since we're keeping #1 home from school next year for various reasons. #1s Spring Break from school this year just so happens to be the week prior to Palm Sunday. So, since I'll have him home all day everyday with me, I thought this would give me a great "preview" of what homeschooling him for preschool-3s would be like. I've created a simple Palm Sunday preschool pack that I intend on using the week prior to Palm Sunday!
In the learning pack you'll find:
- Bible Lesson – Read Matthew 21:1-11 and have your child participate in the story reading, includes questions and a prayer.
- Crafts – A palm leaf craft and a Road for Jesus craft.
- Jesus Songs – sing these songs throughout the week.
- Writing/Tracing – I put this in a page protector sheet and then used it as a tracing sheet.
- Palm Sunday – Coloring Sheet
- Size Sorting: Donkey’s, Crosses, Palms, and Coats – sort the shapes from smallest to largest or group all of the smallest together/largest together.
- Number Recognition- Place the number of coats (or palms) under or on the donkey with the corresponding number
- Large Palm Leaf Template – I made 10 of these and taped them to the floor (laminated) to learn to recognize numbers 1-10 visually.
- Memory – Use the cards to play memory
- Palm Sugar Cookies – recipe to make cookies.
Enjoy the learning pack, and I'm sure we'll post pictures at the end of the week after we've done the activities!
Here's a "glimpse" of whats included in the pack.
Linking up to: