Charm is deceptive and beauty disappears, but a woman who honors the Lord should be praised. Proverbs 31:30

Friday, March 23, 2012

Palm Sunday Preschool Learning Pack

I'm starting to seriously plan our homeschooling curriculum now since we're keeping #1 home from school next year for various reasons. #1s Spring Break from school this year just so happens to be the week prior to Palm Sunday. So, since I'll have him home all day everyday with me, I thought this would give me a great "preview" of what homeschooling him for preschool-3s would be like. I've created a simple Palm Sunday preschool pack that I intend on using the week prior to Palm Sunday! 

In the learning pack you'll find: 
  • Bible Lesson – Read Matthew 21:1-11 and have your child participate in the story reading, includes questions and a prayer.
  • Crafts – A palm leaf craft and a Road for Jesus craft.
  • Jesus Songs – sing these songs throughout the week.
  • Writing/Tracing – I put this in a page protector sheet and then used it as a tracing sheet.
  • Palm Sunday – Coloring Sheet
  • Size Sorting: Donkey’s, Crosses, Palms, and Coats – sort the shapes from smallest to largest or group all of the smallest together/largest together.
  • Number Recognition- Place the number of coats (or palms) under or on the donkey with the corresponding number
  • Large Palm Leaf Template – I made 10 of these and taped them to the floor (laminated) to learn to recognize numbers 1-10 visually.
  • Memory – Use the cards to play memory
  • Palm Sugar Cookies – recipe to make cookies. 
 I set up the number floor counting in the hallway to the bedrooms, 1-5 is in the hallway, 6-10 is in #1s room. #1 and #2 enjoy hopping from Palm to Palm!! 




Enjoy the learning pack, and I'm sure we'll post pictures at the end of the week after we've done the activities! 


Here's a "glimpse" of whats included in the pack. 




Linking up to:



7 comments:

  1. I'd like to invite you to share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Friday @Toys In The Dryer http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/03/fun-stuff-fridays-16.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great set of activities for Palm Sunday, I am always looking for great ideas for my Sunday School class. :) Stopping in from TGIF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Thanks for sharing the pack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not able to get the learning pack to show up. It acts like it is loading the page and then nothing happens. It appears that the dropbox is empty.

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tish I just checked the link and it worked for me. If you want to give me your email I'll email you the pack separately.

    Anyone else having that problem?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun pack - thanks for sharing your work with all of us =-) Thanks for linking up to TGIF! See you tomorrow =-)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous! Thank you so much for the help!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...